2009年2月20日星期五

Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou


Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
漂亮女人想知道我的秘诀在哪
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
我不可爱也没有时尚模特的身材
But when I start to tell them,
但是我开始告诉她们
They think I'm telling lies.
她们都觉得我在说谎
I say,
我说
It's in the reach of my arms
这在于我手臂之触
The span of my hips,
在于我双臀之间
The stride of my step,
在于我步伐之跨
The curl of my lips.
在于我唇之盘旋
I'm a woman
我是女人
Phenomenally.
不寻常的
Phenomenal woman,
非凡的女人
That's me.
这就是我
I walk into a room
我走进房间
Just as cool as you please,
随意而淡然
And to a man,
对于男人
The fellows stand or
无论是站立的
Fall down on their knees.
还是跪下的
Then they swarm around me,
他们都围绕我
A hive of honey bees.
像蜜蜂一般
I say,
我说
It's the fire in my eyes,
这在于我眼中的火
And the flash of my teeth,
在于我齿上的光洁
The swing in my waist,
在于我腰间的摆动
And the joy in my feet.
在于我脚尖的轻盈
I'm a woman
我是女人
Phenomenally.
不寻常的
Phenomenal woman,
非凡的女人
That's me.
这就是我

Men themselves have wondered
男人们想知道
What they see in me.
我怎么看待他们
They try so much
他们做出许多尝试
But they can't touch
但仍就不能触及
My inner mystery.
我内心的秘密
When I try to show them
当我试着展现这些秘密
They say they still can't see.
他们却看不见
I say,
我说
It's in the arch of my back,
我拱起的背
The sun of my smile,
我阳光的微笑
The ride of my breasts,
我胸部的驰骋
The grace of my style.
我姿态的优雅
I'm a woman
我是女人

Phenomenally.
绝不寻常的
Phenomenal woman,
非凡的女人
That's me.
这就是我
Now you understand
现在你明白了
Just why my head's not bowed.
为什么我不会低下头
I don't shout or jump about
不需叫嚷或雀跃
Or have to talk real loud.
也不必大声诉说
When you see me passing
当我路过
It ought to make you proud.
你应感到骄傲
I say,
我说
It's in the click of my heels,
是因我鞋跟的踢踏
The bend of my hair,
我发梢的俏卷
the palm of my hand,
我掌心的纹路
The need of my care,
我精致的需求
'Cause I'm a woman
因为我是女人
Phenomenally.
不寻常的
Phenomenal woman,
非凡女人
That's me.
这就是我

没有评论: